I’ll start with an introduction, my names Calum, I’m 21, I’m 6’1, I live in Derby and I work in Nottingham as a Digital Marketer.
I like working out, drinking, & spending time with friends. I like watching Movies, TV Shows, Music, Podcasts & Standup Comedy. I don’t really care for team sports, I prefer adventure sports like skiing, mountain climbing & sailing etc.
Places I’ve Lived
I was born in Derby, lived there for 6 months, then I moved down to near Bristol (Weston-super-Mare) for a few years. After this I moved to Virginia USA, I lived there for about 2 years, before moving back to Derby and I lived there ever since.
I’ve had several offers to move to other places to live with friends, but so far I have turned them down. I guess I just haven’t received a good enough offer yet. And so far turning them down has all been good decisions as all the people/friends that have moved in together no longer talk to each other etc.
I’m a Digital Marketer at Bloody Marketing!!: I make websites and I film & edit videos for local businesses.
I’m responsible for delivering core marketing tasks using the V-COP process as my guide and measure.
As a core member of our marketing team, I work to develop my marketing skills and influence to interact with each team member in the delivery of customer campaigns.
Client delight is the overall aim of our marketing team.
Some of my main roles include:
- Website design and SEO
- Blog writing
- Outreach campaigns
- Industry research
- Social media campaign creation and maintenance
- Video editing and filming
There are many more but those are some of the main ones.
I also enjoy weight training and working out in the gym. I do this on a regular basis: twice a day, six days a week.
Now, when I say “gym” I mean my garage has an exercise bike, a weight bench and a pull-up bar, but it’s more than enough to do a good session with. When I’m away from home I’ll use a gym in the area or in the hotel etc.
For me working out is more of a sanity thing than anything else. I see it as some people mediated, some people prey but I work out twice a day.
It also keeps me in good shape, physically fit and I genuinely enjoy it.
I enjoy a drink or two; at a social event, out for a meal or at home in my room. I like a pint and my favourite spirit is rum but I like most drinks and I’ll give anything a try.
I like pubs, bars and clubs. But I think a prefer a bar or a pub over a club, where you can have a proper conversation with a mate or two. But of course, the real answer to what I prefer out of the three for a night out is all three, or a pub crawl.
Let’s talk movies I love movies, who doesn’t, I mostly watch comedies and action films but I’ll give anything a go.
My favourite Movie is The Hangover. If you haven’t heard of it The Hangover is about three buddies who wake up from a bachelor party in Las Vegas, with no memory of the previous night and the bachelor missing. They make their way around the city in order to find their friend before his wedding. It’s a great film & a film that I could watch over and over again and never get bored.
Top 3 Movies of 2022
Everything Everywhere All At Once
A middle-aged Chinese immigrant is swept up into an insane adventure in which she alone can save existence by exploring other universes and connecting with the lives she could have led.
Everything Everywhere All At Once is about the multiverse, very unique, very funny, and incredible acting from the whole cast.
Weird: The Al Yankovic Story
Explores every facet of Yankovic’s life, from his meteoric rise to fame with early hits like ‘Eat It’ and ‘Like a Surgeon’ to his torrid celebrity love affairs and famously depraved life.
Weird: The Al Yankovic story is based on the life & music of the music artist of the same name but it is actually a parody of music biopics – very funny, very weird, very funny.
Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery
World-famous detective Benoit Blanc heads to Greece to peel back the layers of a mystery surrounding a tech billionaire and his eclectic crew of friends.
Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery is the sequel / in the same anthology series as the other fantastic film Knives Out. In this one famed Southern detective, Benoit Blanc travels to Greece for his latest case. It is a funny film but its depiction of the rich in today’s culture puts it on the next level.
Let’s talk TV shows, I love TV shows, who doesn’t, I mostly watch comedies and fantasy shows but I’ll give anything a go.
My favourite TV Show is It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia. If you haven’t heard of it it’s about Five egocentric friends who run a neighbourhood Irish pub in Philadelphia trying to find their way through the adult world of work and relationships. Unfortunately, their warped views and precarious judgments often lead them to trouble, creating myriad uncomfortable situations that usually only get worse before they get better.
Some people watch Friends, some people watch How I Met Your Mother but I watch It’s always sunny better known as the Anti-Sitcom.
Top TV Shows 2022
A wildly talented high school girl soccer team becomes the (un)lucky survivors of a plane crash deep in the Canadian wilderness. The series follows the team after the initial crash and 25 years after with the remaining survivors.
When the Sandman, aka Dream, the cosmic being who controls all dreams, is captured and held prisoner for more than a century, he must journey across different worlds and timelines to fix the chaos his absence has caused.
Superheroes are often as popular as celebrities, as influential as politicians, and sometimes even as revered as gods. But that’s when they’re using their powers for good. What happens when the heroes go rogue and start abusing their powers? When it’s powerless against the super-powerful, the Boys head out on a heroic quest to expose the truth about the Seven and Vought, the multibillion-dollar conglomerate that manages the superheroes and covers up their dirty secrets.
House Of The Dragon
House of the Dragon is the second World of Westeros live-action television series. The prequel goes back approximately 200 years to centre on the beginning of the end of the once all-powerful dynasty that dominated the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros. This show follows the internal succession war within House Targaryen at the height of its power, 172 years before the birth of Daenerys Targaryen.
In 1980s Indiana, a group of young friends witness supernatural forces and secret government exploits. As they search for answers, the children unravel a series of extraordinary mysteries.
Let’s talk music. I love music, who doesn’t?
I have quite an eclectic taste. My main genre is rock but I also like rap, reggae, metal, electronic, and a bunch of others.
This gives me the ability to find a song for any room. What I mean by this is because I have quite a wide range in taste it allows me to walk into any particular room and play a few songs that everyone in that particular room will like.
If you want to see what I mean. Here’s a link to my main playlist on Spotify. Click here
I have a range of differnt types of youtube channes that I follow:
- Fun Fact Channels,
- Comic Book / TV show / Movie news and reviews channels
- A few reaction chanels
- Comedy Specials
- Other random videos
I watch and listen to quite a lot of podcasts. I either watch them on youtube while I’m working from home or listen to them while I’m working out.
My Top 5 podcasts
Have a Word Podcast
– It’s a Comedy Podcast – 2 North West Comedians in the first half – then a guest joins them normally another comedian in the 2nd half
The funniest podcast in the game. UK comedians Adam Rowe & Dan Nightingale talking shite and telling stories with a lot of listener interaction. Follow us on social @haveawordpod
The Weekly Planet Podcast
– Comic book, movie and TV news – with 2 Australian hosts
The Weekly Planet covers all things movies, TV shows and comics. Often considered the first and worst podcast on the Planet Broadcasting Network.
The True Geordie Podcast
– Interviews podcast – Lots of fascinating guests & interesting stories – The difference is it’s a REAL guy doing the interview – Unlike normal/mainstream journalism etc
The True Geordie Podcast is a podcast from True Geordie and Laurence McKenna, interviewing some of the most interesting and insightful guests on YouTube and iTunes. Mix in True News and you have a winning combination.
– intriguing and controversial topics – a lot of conspiracy theories and challenging questions and topics
Join Jordan, Lozzy, and Dan as they delve into the most wild, intriguing and controversial topics the world has to offer. The APMA Podcast covers a wide range of things such as true crime, conspiracies, current events and more!
Dead Men Talking Podcast
Comedy Podcast – 2 North West Comedians – Horrible people, horrible topics and Horible Videos
The home of dark jokes and harsh roasts with Rob Mulholland and Freddy Quinne. Over 18s only. Not for fannies.
And a bunch of others:
- The Mild High Club Podcast – A comedy club podcast, discussing taboos, addictions & other such vices
- Happy Hour Podcast – YouTube’s finest comedy podcast. Every Monday and Thursday, join Jaack and Stevie, as they invite an array of the internet’s best celebrities to join the conversation. Whether it’s YouTube drama or life’s big questions, the boys leave no stone unturned.
- SIDECAST – The official Sidemen podcast. This is an uncensored and laid back place where we can talk about anything and everything. Episodes come out once a week.
- The Always Sunny Podcast – This is a look back on the past fifteen seasons of the hit show, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, hosted by Glenn, Charlie, and Rob. The guys are going back to where it all began: 2005. Starting with the very first episode, they’ll rewatch every season and give us a deep dive into their memories of creating the show, reveal how they first met, and discuss how they created a lasting partnership that has endured the better part of two decades. That is if they can remember any of it.
- Another One Podcast – A podcast brought to you by Rob Thomas, Simon Wozniak and friends. Comedians chatting whatever they like and hopefully being funny doing it. It‘s a desperate attempt to stay relevant.
- Hot Water’s Green Room Podcast – Hot Water’s Green Room Podcast is the official Hot Water Comedy podcast hosted by the hilarious Tony Carroll & Jamie Hutchinson.
- CanDID Audios – A fully uncensored, unfiltered, but not quite un-altered (if you get it you get it) podcast where we talk about anything and everything including life, mental health, art, and the reality of day to day life with Dissociative Identity Disorder. Hosted by Kya&co (DissociaDID) and BraiDID Bunch!
- Pigoted Podcast – Hosted by award-winning comedian Freddy Quinne, Pigoted brings together comedians and experts to discuss and debate topics on philosophy, sociology, science and economics.
- Suggestable Podcast – Suggestible things to read, watch and listen to hosted by James Clement and Claire Tonti.
- What’s Good Podcast – A podcast where YouTuber’s Miniminter & Randolph discuss relevant & random topics while trying to keep their friendship alive.
- TONTS Podcast – TONTS. is a podcast of in depth interviews about our emotional lives hosted by Claire Tonti (Entrepreneur, CEO of the Big Sandwich Media Company and former Primary School Teacher). Each week she talks to writers, thinkers, activists, experts and deeply feeling humans about their stories.
- The Pain Game Podcast – Fighting podcasts from True Geordie that feature some of the biggest names in the world of Boxing & MMA.
Another one of my hobbies is Skiing, as I live in Britain I don’t get many chances to advance this skill on a regular basis but I do enjoy it when I get the chance.
Although I don’t get many chances to ski I am an extremely competent skier. I enjoy the sport and I love taking on different challenges and adapting to the ever-changing environment of the slopes. I also enjoy the adventure and exploration aspect of it because when you get to a competent level you basically have free rain of the whole mountain/resort you can go from bar to bar or slope to slope.
Hillwalking / Mountaineering
I have always enjoyed Mountaineering since childhood and I have taken on many challenges.
I’ve climbed many mountains over the years from Ben Macdui to the mountains of Arran. And at the age of 10, I climbed the highest mountains in England, Scotland and Wales.
Over the years, I have built up my fitness and stamina to take on longer, steeper and more challenging climbs where I have scrambled along very narrow ridges to snow-covered mountains.
I am a qualified Day Skipper which enables me to charter a yacht anywhere in the world. To gain this qualification I completed an intensive 5-day practical course, as well as pass an online theory course.
What is a Day Skipper Qualification
The Day Skipper qualification confirms that the successful candidate has the knowledge needed to skipper a yacht on shorter, coastal cruises during daylight. The Royal Yachting Association administers the qualification, although most of the training is carried out by private companies.
I guess I don’t read that much, I tend to only read when there is something I actually want to read, rather than just reading for the sake of reading.
Books I’ve read more than once:
- Game of Thrones – George RR Martin
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy – Douglas Adams
- Party Time: Raving Arizona – Shaun Attwood
- All Tomorrows – C. M. Kosemen
- And I used to read quite a lot of Comics / Graphic Novels
I’ve got 2 dream holidays:
- Road Trip!! Don’t know where yet America, Europe, Australia or Canada (probably in that order). Maybe we can decide together??
- I’d like to recreate The Hangover!! Go to Vegas & by the next day have a photo album full of mad pics.
What Makes You Unique?
The way I see the world.
I’ve got two motos in life “don’t be sheep” & “Always be prepared”
- That means don’t do something just because someone or everyone else is – always make your own mind up.
- Bring anything you might need.
What are some random fun facts about you?
- I have a yacht licence
- I use to be a scout leader
- I’ve jumped off a building
What do I want – Goals
- I want to own my own business
- I want to travel & go on a few road trips, don’t know where yet America, Europe, Australia or Canada (probably in that order).
- I want to figure out what my creative medium is – whether that be stand up or some kind of art.